Smile. Yep, that simple movement of the corners of your lips can change your mood. According to an article in Fast Company by Vivian Giang, "smiling can greatly improve your mood and reduce stress."* In addition, she mentioned how researchers have found that you can get results by simply faking the smile. Plus, smiling is powerful. She mentioned, "If you smile often enough, you end up rewiring your brain to make positive patterns more often than it does negative ones."*
Try This: Hit the Reset Button with a Grin
Have you noticed that if someone smiles at you, how hard is it not to mirror it? You literally cannot stay flat or frowning when you’re looking at someone with a big smile.
- Every morning this week, practice smiling in the mirror.
- During the day, when stressing over something, remember to curve those lips up.
- Make it as wide as you can.
- Stay grinning for at least 30 seconds.
- Test the reset to see if your mood has improved!
In my mind, a smile is a great tool - the bigger and wider the better! If you really want to improve your mood, consider a big, wide grin.
*How Smiling Changes Your Brain, https://www.fastcompany.com/3041438/how-smiling-changes-your-brain