Funny how looking back, I was so serious in my younger adult years about achieving my goals. When you feel pressure to make money, raise a family, gain some success, balance can be hard to find. So, I started listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer, Mike Dooley, and more coaches for ways to stay positive and upbeat to balance with stress.
When you're stressed, do you notice how new things seem to appear to cause more stress? It can be hard to believe that everything is going to be fine!
Try This: Jump for Joy
If you can’t seem to get past a negative issue or situation, here’s a good way to shake it off:
- Stand in front of a mirror.
- Jump up and down three times.
- Make sure to keep it up until you smile, laugh, or giggle.
- Not feeling like jumping? Let Ms. Swift help you "shake it off" with this: https://youtu.be/nfWlot6h_JM?si=xpmHcPyGuewGxHfq *
It’s so easy to jump up and down or dance down a hallway. Being serious about goals is actually easier with the balance of feeling joy in the moment.
* Taylor Swift "Shake It Off" https://youtu.be/nfWlot6h_JM?si=xpmHcPyGuewGxHfq