During a walk in the morning, it was clear that spring had sprung. I was enamored with the gorgeous blooms, trees bursting with green leaves, and birds chirping everywhere. The citrus trees are blooming, and their sweet scent harkens good news for budding grapefruits and oranges.
The best part of noticing spring in the air is the bounce in my step. The sunshine warms my face, and the cool air encourages me to walk a little further.
Check out this fun quote from Jack Canfield, coach and author of numerous books including the Chicken Soup for the Soul series:
"Your attitude in the moment can have a big impact on your day and your life at large.”*
Helps to recognize that in every moment, you can choose to be happy or sad. The good news is that we can literally bring up a mood quickly.
Try This: A Quick Spring Shift
During Spring, there are so many reminders that life is good. Yet, every day, there are little minefields that bring down our emotions. Here are some ideas to get upbeat fast:
- Curve your lips into a smile.
- Walk outside in the sun, maybe high five a tree limb or two.
- List 5 things you are grateful for today.
- Put in headphones and listen to your favorite upbeat music.
- Find 3 family members or friends to hug (with permission, of course!).
From the list, what did you find as a quick fix to spring into a good mood? For me, one quick fix is the ringtone on my phone which is, “Everything Is Awesome,” from The Lego Movie! How can I help but smile when my phone rings with: "Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you are part of a team. Everything is awesome when you’re living a dream!"
* Jack Canfield video on "How to Change Your Mood in 60 Seconds [or Less!]": https://youtu.be/9WNJfEGmbFY.