Guess what? You do!
From an article in Psychology Today, "A body of research reveals that intuition can be not only faster than reflection but also more accurate." *
So, the idea is that the more we know how to recognize our own internal "gut feelings," the better is our decision making. And, from author, Sarah McLean, "Meditation connects you with your soul, and this connection gives you access to your intuition, your heartfelt desires, your integrity, and the inspiration to create a life you love."**
Just think how much easier decision making can be if you're in tune with your intuition and gut feelings!
Try This: Tune In To Your Intuition
Here are some steps to enhance your intuition by starting meditation practice. It can seem daunting at first, yet it's actually quite simple to get started. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Choose a time and place: Pick when and where you can meditate without distractions. Ideally, you want to choose a quiet, comfortable space where you won't be interrupted.
- Get comfortable: Sit in a comfortable position, with your back straight but not stiff. You can sit cross-legged on the floor, or in a chair with your feet flat on the ground.
- Focus on your breath: Pay attention to the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves your body. You can count your breaths, or simply observe them.
- Let go of thoughts: Your mind will inevitably wander, and that's okay. When you notice your thoughts wandering, gently bring your attention back to your breath.
- Start with short sessions: Start with a few minutes and gradually increase the length of your meditation sessions as you become more comfortable.
- Practice regularly: The more you practice, the easier it will become.
Remember, be patient and kind to yourself because the concept is to connect with your intuition. It may take time to feel the benefits of meditation, but with consistent practice, you will begin to experience greater clarity, focus, and inner peace.
* Psychology Today article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201912/8-truths-about-intuition#.
** Sarah McLean quote:https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/4551430.Sarah_McLean.