The thought of "one good turn or deed" came to me as I was visiting my 90-year-old aunt in Illinois a week ago. It was her story of one of her girlfriends who had fallen in her yard and called for help. My aunt was an earth angel. A week or so later, we visited, and my husband did some fixes around her house. Her good turn deserved a few for her!
Consider how doing something good, helping someone, can make a difference. Plus, it's amazing how great it makes you feel. In the words of Charles Dickens in his story, Our Mutual Friend:** "'No one is useless in this world,' retorted the Secretary, 'who lightens the burden of it for anyone else.'"
Try This: Be an Earth Angel Today
Finding a good deed to do for someone is healthy. Whether you are feeling upbeat or down, to be of service can bring a smile like:
- Reaching out to a friend who has had some bad luck to offer assistance
- Visiting an elderly family member or friend to do some fix-it jobs
- Call someone to brighten their day with a fun memory
- Send an email or note to a teacher or mentor about the value of their words to you
- Do a happy dance with your son, daughter, hubby, wife, or friend to bring joy
While you don't have angel wings, you have amazing opportunities for good turns today.
* One good turn from merriam-webster dictionary https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/one%20good%20turn%20deserves%20another.
** Charles Dickens quote from Good Reads https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/our-mutual-friend.