Every year, it's fun to celebrate special people and events like today as Father's Day. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what to do to honor that special father, father figure or stepdad. A card and gift are good, yet I always want to find something to do or spend time together to make it memorable.
From Shutterfly, I saw this quote, "Memories are timeless treasures of the heart."*
To make memories, the key is to come up with a good idea. With busy schedules, budget issues, and other distractions, you might be struggling to find a way to make the day special.
Try This: Make a Special Memory Today
From a fun list of ideas, even if one of these is not piquing your interest, these will generate more thoughts of what will work for you and your family. Really, the most important aspect to this list is spending quality time with your special person to show love and appreciation. Consider either in-person or virtual activities like:
- Plan a special breakfast or brunch: Surprise him with a delicious homemade meal to start the day. Cook his favorite dishes or try out new recipes together.
- Outdoor activities: If he enjoys the outdoors, plan a day filled with his favorite activities. It could be hiking, fishing, biking, or even a picnic in the park. Spend quality time together while enjoying nature.
- Personalized gifts: Create a personalized gift to show your appreciation. It could be a handwritten letter, a photo album with cherished memories, a custom-made a custom photo mug from Shutterfly, or even a scrapbook filled with family moments.
- Game day: If he is a sports enthusiast, organize a game day where you can play his favorite sport together. It could be a friendly match with family and friends, or you can get tickets to see his favorite team play live.
- Movie night: Set up a cozy movie night at home or even a virtual where you watch a movie together online. Choose a favorite film and make some popcorn to watch together.
- Plan a surprise outing: Organize a surprise outing or a day trip to a place your dad has always wanted to visit like a museum, a historical site, or a local attraction.
- BBQ or cookout: If your dad loves grilling, arrange a Father's Day BBQ to enjoy a fun and tasty outdoor gathering.
- DIY workshop: If your dad is into DIY projects, set up a workshop for the day where you can work one together. It could be building something, repairing something around the house, or even starting a new craft or hobby.
- Spa or relaxation day: Treat your dad to a day of relaxation and pampering. You can book a spa day with a massage.
- Virtual celebration: If you can't be physically together, organize a virtual celebration on Zoom or Facetime. Plan activities like virtual games, a shared meal where everyone cooks the same dish, or even a virtual movie night where you watch a movie together online.
This year, it's an extra special Father's Day because it is also my hubby's birthday. We get to celebrate his life and fatherhood by doing two things to make fun memories!
* Shutterfly quote https://www.shutterfly.com/ideas/photo-book-quotes-about-making-memories/#