How do you wake up in the morning? Happy? Anxious? Tired? Ready? In the past, I have read how important it is to start the day off with a good feeling, a gratefulness for a new day. It has made me aware of the importance of my emotional mindset.
A story I have told friends is that if I said, “Good, God! It’s morning!” then my mom would have said, “Good God - it’s morning.” A silly play on words means everything when the emotional context enters in. While I preferred the Pollyanna version, my mom was often a bit negative, distrustful in her approach to life.
The emotional spin on your day can focus you on having a good one or a not-so-good one.
Try this - The Right Time
Every morning this week, focus on the idea that you're in the right place at the right time with the right energy around you to have a great day. Try doing this morning ritual:
- As you awaken, breathe deeply and hold it for a count of 5, then exhale to a count of 5 - three times
- Consider a dream or a goal that makes you smile
- Keep smiling through the count of 17 seconds using, "one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand..."
- Stretch using your favorite yoga positions or what feels good
- Sit up and smile as you throw your legs over the edge of the bed – ready for the day
The idea is that you can influence your mindset to be aware you are at the right place, at the right time and doing the right thing to be able to achieve a glorious day ahead. Plus, helps to manifest those things that you desire!