Summer is in full swing, and people are traveling, exploring, and visiting family. All the things that were so difficult last summer are now more accessible.
Seems like a good time to appreciate the release from the woes of the pandemic and appreciate the positives in our lives. From earlier this month I talked about God winks, God nudges, and angel taps which all accentuate the positives. We need those to stay motivated, inspired, and moving forward.
Here is a fun song lyric from the 1940s written by Johnny Mercer that came to mind:
"You've got to ac-cen-tchuate the positive, E-lim-i-nate the negative, Latch on to the affirmative. Don't mess with 'Mr. In-Between.'"* Let's end June with a focus on all of the positives in our lives and set the stage for a fabulous rest of the summer.
Try this - Make a Good Stuff List
Each day this week, make a list of positive aspects in your life. The idea is to write a list of things that make you feel good. When you do; good things multiply! Try this:
- Today, list at least 10 things that make you happy and are upbeat.
- Read the list first thing in the morning and last thing at night each day this week.
- Add at least one or two items to your list that made you happy each day.
- At the end of the week, check how your world, your whole life, has transformed before your eyes.
- Repeat as needed for more joy and awesomeness.
Just started my Good Stuff list with "walking in the sunshine" and "having grand-puppy and kitty back for a stay," which has me already pumped up! What's on your list?
* Library of Congress article about Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive and Johnny Mercer by Philip Furia.