There are times when everything is going well and then something comes out of left field and BOOM - concerns, panic, and even anxiety can hit you. While we all have coping skills for problem-based issues that arise, often there are emotion-based ones that can really throw us.
“Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem.” Virginia Satir, American author and psychotherapist.
Since problems are never fun, I do have a terrific way to deal with the negativity they bring.
Try This: Wipe away negativity!
Here are the steps:
- Grab a whiteboard or chalkboard.
- Write any problems you've been facing on it.
- Continue with adding a list of negative issues that make you crazy.
- Review the whiteboard to check for any missing items.
- Now take an eraser or paper towel and wipe the entire board clean!
Poof! You can get a sense of accomplishment in erasing the problems and negative stuff you wrote on your whiteboard. The best thing is that it opens up positive thoughts and ideas!
* Virginia Satir quote https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/virginia-satir-quotes